A study presented to the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology conference in Berlin in July of 2004, demonstrated how hypnosis can improve fertility and effectively double the success of IVF treatments.
The study of 185 woman found that 28% of the women who were hypnotised for the IVF treatment became pregnant, compared to 14% of the women in the control group.
This led to Professor Levitas studying hypnosis having used medications such as tranquillisers in previous studies with none of them worked as well as hypnosis. Click here for more information on Prof. Levitas’ study.
“Performing embryo transfer under hypnosis may significantly contribute to an increased clinical pregnancy rate” Professor Levitas, Soroka Hospital Israel.
Other research on how your mind affects your fertility:
- A study in Fertility Sterility (1998, vol. 69) suggests that because mind/body programs are effective for reducing negative emotions that may impair IVF success, IVF patients should be offered this type of program.
- Use of stress reducing therapies early in the process increase IVF success rates (in this study from 20% to 52%). Fertility and Sterility, 2011
Read more on how your mind affects your body/fertility
This Data is recorded from inception of ARR to October 2013. The 180 clients recorded presented with a wide range of fertility conditions. LBR = Live Birth Rate.
- Out of 180 clients recorded so far, 68% conceived (no LBR given)
- Of those with Endometriosis as primary diagnosis, 65% conceived, LBR of 55%
- Of those with Unexplained Infertility, 70% conceived, LBR of 70%
- Of those with PCOS, 72% conceived, LBR of 57%
- Of those with Secondary Amenhorrea, 91% conceived, LBR of 70%
- Of those with Sperm Motility Issues, 100% conceived, LBR of 50%
- Of those with Sperm Morphology Issues, 50% conceived, LBR of 50%
- Of those with Ovarian Cysts, 100% conceived, LBR of 100%
- Of those with Progesterone Deficiency, 50% conceived, LBR 100%
- Of those with Infection Diagnosis, 0% conceived.